[Asterisk-Users] Help with T1 PRI Configuration

Sakliger at aol.com Sakliger at aol.com
Sat Jul 24 20:52:05 MST 2004

I'm ordering a PRI T1 for use with Asterisk and a Digium Wildcard TE405P.
The provider is asking me a number of questions about how I want to configure
the line.

Here goes:

1. Dial Tone - No, Yes - Precise, Yes - SCC
2. Framing - SF, ESF
3. Line Coding - AMI, B8ZS
4. Signaling Type - Ground Start, E&M, Loop Start w/Ring, Loop Start w/o Ring
5. Pulse Mode - DTMF, MF
6. Outpulse Start - Wink, Immediate, Seizure
7. If Seizure then - Origination, Digit Collection.

I'm not sure of the correct answers to any of these.  I do know that I want
to be able to get caller ID and the number dialed for the application that I'm
building.

I think from other things I've read on the list that I want B8ZS and E&M with
Wink. I'm not sure of those and I have no idea on the others.  So, please
help me out if you know.

Thanks.

-Scott