[Asterisk-Users] Multi companies

Troy Settle troy at psknet.com
Sat Jul 24 16:51:18 MST 2004

Sure, you can assign different contexts to different zap channels, but how
does this help?  Normally, the telco will send each call on the first
available channel in a given trunk group, sometimes, they will come in on
random channels.

When a call rings in on Zap/1-1, the only way to know what to do with it, is
by the DNIS information.

 exten => 2200,1,NoOp,Company A - main line
 exten => 2201,1,NoOp,Company A - Fax
 exten => 2211,1,noOp,Company A - CEO Direct Line
 exten => 3000,1,NoOp,Company B - main line
 exten => 3001,1,NoOp,Company B - Fax
 exten => 3022,1,NoOp,Company B - Sales
 exten => 3023,1,NoOp,Company B - Customer Service

Any of these calls might come in on any of your lines, so how does setting a
different context for different zap channels help?

--
  Troy Settle
  Pulaski Networks