[Asterisk-Users] Do not buy "Asterisk for Small Office Setup"!

John Vogel johnv at comcast.net
Sat Jul 24 11:25:45 MST 2004

See my previous email but the book is worse than I thought. In addition, to
the things I mentioned earlier.

1. The table of contents is not a table of contents. The only chapter
heading is "Chapter 1". It is impossible to tell what is in what chapter.

2. The index is not alphabetized!  This renders it useless. Any decent word
processor will create a better index with a push of the button.

3. I'm trying to set up fax. Does the book discuss it? No way to tell except
leafing through every page.

Summary - use the wiki, Luke. A Googol search of voip-info is faster and
provides much more complete, well written information.

Well, I said in my previous email that a fair price for this book is $14.95
not $40. I was wrong. This book does the entire Asterisk community a
disservice and should not be purchased at any price. Do not encourage/fund
the "author" to produce more such rip offs.