[Asterisk-Users] How to calculate the price for Asterisk based Solution

asteriskstuff at ziplip.com asteriskstuff at ziplip.com
Fri Jul 23 14:53:26 MST 2004

Miroslav

What your asking for is difficult for the following reasons:-

1.  What level of redundancy do you want in the system?

2.  What network load is already in place...is new network cable going to be dedicated to this project?

3.  What network switches is the client currently using...are new switches going to have to be from the same manufacturer to reduce management costs?

4.  What functionality is required from the phones...with voice only suffice or would other services show a cost benefit analysis (CBA)?

5.  Are all users going to be located in one site or over multiple sites?

6.  What implementation timetable is being looked at?

These are what I can think in 20 seconds.  A project of this nature would require a disciplined approach ensuring client 'buy in' to all elements and clear communication internally within the client, by yourself, to ensure all requirements from top management down to the individual users are identified and evaluated on a CBA basis to ensure a clear project goal and good implementation.

More information would be useful to ensure people can offer the best advice.