[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk + NEC Electra Elite IPK Integration

Jason Kawakami jkkawakami at optellabs.com
Fri Jul 23 13:44:27 MST 2004

> Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Asterisk + NEC Electra Elite IPK Integration
>

> I haven't really gotten too far into this, but I was wondering just what
> 'features' of the NEC phones (DTH-16D-1(BK)TEL) I'll be able to work
> with from *?  I'm currently getting some pressure to ensure that all the
> little bells, whistles, and lights will continue to work as they
> currently do.  I'm also afraid that if the phones would end up becoming
> 'dumb' (or should I say dumber than they already are), this could kill
> my plan for an NEC to * migration, and would be a huge loss for * in my
> company, not to mention a huge extra expenditure for ACD Plus otherwise.
>
> Thankfully, regardless of the outcome of everything else, I will be
> setting up one machine to interact with some IAXy's for remote extensions.
>
> thanks,
> chris

Chris-

As you feel the screws tighten get used to it.  The DTH phones will only
continue to work as long as the IPK is in place.  * has no facilities to
speak the language that the ESI ports on the IPK use to make all of the
little buttons light up.  you will not be able to use those phones at all
off of an * server.

As I follow the string back this is the first time I see any mention of ACD.
ACD plus is a dog, I sell NEC and wouldn't give ACD plus away.  But in
regards to your statement about cost I have to disagree, for ACD on a system
in the IPK class it is very reasonably priced, but again, I wouldn't spend a
cent on it for my business, I would hang * off of it with a T-1 integration
and do the best I could.  It would still be better than ACD plus and you
would get the voip as well.

NEC just announced a partnership with a company that has a great product, if
you go down the NEC ACD road ask your reseller about the LATEST offering
that NEC has for its ACD systems.  It isn't open source but for a shrink
wrapped product offering it really RAWKS!