[Asterisk-Users] SIP register and unregister events via Manager API

Nicolas Gudino nicolas at house.com.ar
Fri Jul 23 12:43:32 MST 2004

Hi John,

John Todd wrote:
> At 10:58 AM +0200 on 7/23/04, Holger Schurig wrote:
>
>> Okay, I have finished my patch. With "qualify=yes" in sip.conf it looks
>> like this:

<output snip>

>> Event: PeerStatus
>> Peer: SIP/weckhardt
>> PeerStatus: Reachable
>> Time: 81

<some more snip>

>> Without the quality, you still get the "PeerStatus: Registered" and
>> "PeerStatus: Unegistered" events.
>>
>> John, you can do your color-coding :-)
>>

> [snip]
>
> Not me! :-)  I'd point a finger at Nicolás Gudiño and have him include
> it in the Asterisk Flash Operator panel, which seems to be one of the
> appropriate places that this could create a graphical representation of
> registration status and quality= response time.
>
> Maybe a red-to-green spectrum of colors on the button background.  I'd
> expecet that each button would need to have probably independent
> configurations, since some devices may be very far away and thus have
> different numeric values mapped to different colors.  If the device
> falls out of registration, then perhaps have thin black lines diagonally
> through the button, and dim it slightly?

Thats me... :) Well, we already have in the panel dimmed buttons for SIP
peers that are unreachable, and really dimmed ones for not registered
ones. Now I will have code the color shift based on the round trip time.
Maybe I can zoom out the button instead of color coding? If the latency
is high display the button far far away :)

--
Nicolás Gudiño
House Internet S.R.L.