[Asterisk-Users] SIP register and unregister events via Manager API

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Fri Jul 23 09:50:15 MST 2004

At 10:58 AM +0200 on 7/23/04, Holger Schurig wrote:
>Okay, I have finished my patch. With "qualify=yes" in sip.conf it looks
>like this:

># telnet 127.0.0.1 5038
>Trying 127.0.0.1...
>Connected to localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1).
>Escape character is '^]'.
>Asterisk Call Manager/1.0
>Action: Login
>Username: destar
>Secret: secret
>
>Response: Success
>Message: Authentication accepted
>
>Event: PeerStatus
>Peer: SIP/weckhardt
>PeerStatus: Registered
>
>Event: PeerStatus
>Peer: SIP/weckhardt
>PeerStatus: Reachable
>Time: 81
>
>Event: PeerStatus
>Peer: SIP/weckhardt
>PeerStatus: Registered
>
>Event: PeerStatus
>Peer: SIP/weckhardt
>PeerStatus: Unreachable
>Time: -1
>
>Event: PeerStatus
>Peer: SIP/weckhardt
>PeerStatus: Unregistered
>Cause: Expired
>
>Without the quality, you still get the "PeerStatus: Registered" and
>"PeerStatus: Unegistered" events.
>
>John, you can do your color-coding :-)

[snip]

Not me! :-)  I'd point a finger at Nicolás Gudiño
and have him include it in the Asterisk Flash
Operator panel, which seems to be one of the
appropriate places that this could create a
graphical representation of registration status
and quality= response time.

Maybe a red-to-green spectrum of colors on the
button background.  I'd expecet that each button
would need to have probably independent
configurations, since some devices may be very
far away and thus have different numeric values
mapped to different colors.  If the device falls
out of registration, then perhaps have thin black
lines diagonally through the button, and dim it
slightly?

JT