[Asterisk-Users] Status of Q.SIG on Asterisk?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Jul 23 12:02:49 MST 2004

Just to keep the list/archives up to date.

MCDN is not Q.SIG.  The Norstar systems can do Q.SIG but they need to be
configured as NON North-American in order to get the option to show up (and
possibly require the use of E1 signalling now instead of T1).  None of this
really matters with * talking on the other end since you can easily put an E1
link in North America between the system and * but this kind of assinine
vendor lock-in is enough to make me want to reverse-engineer their trade
secret of MCDN and post it for the world to use just out of sheer
aggravation.

I'm still curious to see how different MCDN is from Q.SIG...  Probably only
enough to make it inoperable.

-A.