[Asterisk-Users] Priorizing of packets

Sterkel Brandke sterkel at gmx.de
Fri Jul 23 06:53:29 MST 2004

Hello,

I am running asterisk on the same machine that acts as my nat-router and
firewall to the internet.Its connected via DSL and works quite fine.
The machine is registered to famous (?) german sipgate.de via a sip-account.
This works. But when I (or somebody else) in the network starts some heavy
load from the net, the connection gets scrambled.
I am trying to priorize the packets with the tos=0x18 parameter in the
sip.conf. This does not help at all, I think I need to inform my kernel too
in some way that it should first send out and receive sip-packets and then
maybe weeks later take care of the other traffic.
I am playing around with tc qdisc, but I have no real clue at the moment how
to get things running right.

Many thanks!

Sterkel

--
+++ GMX DSL-Tarife 3 Monate gratis* +++ Nur bis 25.7.2004 +++
Bis 24.000 MB oder 300 Freistunden inkl. http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl