[Asterisk-Users] AstriCon Update: Very Low Priced Ground Transport Available

Steven Sokol ssokol at sokol-associates.com
Fri Jul 23 10:07:29 MST 2004

-- GOOD NEWS! --

As ground transportation and the costs associated therewith are something of
an issue.  So, in the spirit of making AstriCon available I've contacted the
hotel and arranged/discovered some low cost options:

-- MARTA --

MARTA, the Atlanta mass-transit system (i.e. train) can get you there.  Take
MARTA from the airport north to the Brookhaven station.  The hotel shuttle
will pick you up from the MARTA station.  Total cost: $1.75 each way.

-- AAA Airport Shuttle Service --

AAA will take you directly from the airport to the hotel for $20.00
(normally $25.00 -- we will have a link to a coupon on the site soon).  Same
price to take you back to the airport at the end of the conference.

You will need to make arrangements in advance with AAA.  Their phone number
is 1.800.354.7874.

Details on both options are now on the Hotel & Transportation page on the
AstriCon site: http://www.astricon.net/hotel.shtml

-- Conference IS At The Marriott Century Center --

To clarify a question asked by somebody on the list: The Atlanta Marriott
Century Center IS BOTH the location of the conference AND the hotel in which
we are booking rooms.  You will have NO need of ground transportation once
you reach the hotel (other than for making personal trips to locations
around the area).

-- Transport To Restaurants/Bars/Shopping --

The hotel has a FREE shuttle bus (the same bus as services the MARTA
station) which will be available to take AstriCon participants to/from
nearby restaurants and other destinations.  You simply will need to make a
request at the front desk.

Please let me know if you have any questions.  Looking forward to seeing you
in Atlanta.

Thanks,

Steve

Steven Sokol