[Asterisk-Users] Problems calling a phone number through a X101P card

Joaquin Cuenca Abela e98cuenc at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 23 10:01:15 MST 2004

Hi!

I've bought a Wildcard X101P card to play a bit with
asterisk.

I'm just trying to place a call to a number, wait
until the receiver takes the call, and then play one
of the .gsm sound files.

I'm in France, so first I tried modprobing wcfxo with
opermode=1, but the DAA mode remained FCC, so I
changed the opermode variable in wcfxo.c to 1 by hand
and recompiled & reinstalled the driver. Now it says
that it's using the DAA mode CTR21.

I've also put in zapata.conf:

signalling=fxs_ks
context=default
channel => 1

Now, to try the whole thing, I created a sample.call
with (let's say that the telephone number that I'm
trying to read is 0101010101):

Channel: Zap/1/0101010101
MaxRetries: 0
RetryTime: 60
WaitTime: 30
Application: Playback
Data: demo-moreinfo

and copied it in /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing

The test telephone number starts ringing, but as soon
as it starts ringing, asterisk executes Playback (ie,
it doesn't waits until someone takes the call in
0101010101). If I took quickly the call, I can hear
the  demo-moreinfo playing, as expected.

Is that expected behaviour?  I though that it will
wait until somebody tooks the call before start
playing. What should I do to make it behave this way?

Thank you for any replies!

Cheers,

=====
Joaquin Cuenca Abela