[Asterisk-Users] cisco 7940 audio problems to PSTN

Pablo Endres epablo at comvoz.com
Fri Jul 23 07:50:47 MST 2004

Hi people.

I've been having some audio problems with some of my cisco 7940 phones
using firmware 7.1.  The sound gets gargoled up, I can't understand much
of what is said (listing on the IP phone).

My setup is the following:

7940 - * - Cisco 2621(GW) - T1

I'm using SIP and g729 for all stages of the  communication. I was using
ulaw for the leg between * and the Gw, but some guys on the IRC said the
problem could be transcoding.

I also have other phones and ATA's (Cisco 186, Sipura SPA-2000, etc)
using the same route but the work perfectly.

My * is CVS-HEAD-05/14/04-18:04:48 running on a FC2 box.

Any ideas on what this could be?

--
Pablo Endres <epablo at comvoz.com>
ComVoz Communications