[Asterisk-Users] Call queues

avizion asterisk-users at relay.dk
Fri Jul 23 02:54:18 MST 2004

Quoting Jeremy Kenney <jeremy at ds-tech.com>:
> Hello I am new to asterisk I want to setup the call queues where it will
> ring multiple devices at the same time and send the call to the first one
> that is picked up.  There doesn't need to be an agent login for this I don't
> think I just want setup so no login is required.  Please help

There are several ways to accomplish this.

Like the two others posts suggest - you can simply use the Dial() application
directly. This will leave you with exactly the functionality you are asking
for. What is does not give you is a real queue where members can join / part as
they see fit (app. AddQueueMember / RemoveQueueMember). If you want to have
your "agents" logged in from the start, you can simply define these in
etc/queues.conf like "SIP/phone1" or "IAX2/phone1". The last option will even
let you define a penalty (in etc/queues.conf).

What this lacks is a persistant penalty. I've been using a little time
investigating this - and I came to the conclusion that if I want persistant
penalties for dynamically added members I would have to write my own wrapper in
AGI. While I'm pretty much done with that part - it's not exactly a beautiful
hack - but I might publish it if wanted.

I will be posting on the asterisk-dev list soon - in order to get second
oppinions on this implementation. Several things needs coverage - but all this
in due time :)

I hope you can use this - and feel free to ask into any of the above...

Regards

- avizion on irc.freenode.org #asterisk