[Asterisk-Users] Astricon costs...

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Thu Jul 22 21:12:30 MST 2004

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, Steven Sokol wrote:

> > Has anyone really looked at the costs for Astricon.  But the hotel costs.
> > $111.00 USD per night.. come on guys give me a break.  I will not be
> > staying at that hotel.  I can rent a car and stay near the air port for
> > almost half that.
> >
> > In addition from what I have been told their will be no shuttle
> > service from the Airport to the hotel.
> >
> > Anyone else have any input on this?
>
> Guys, the hotel costs are $111.00 including tax per night.  That is actually
> very reasonable for a decent hotel.  I'm willing to bet that the place you
> found for 1/2 the cost of the Marriott is not capable of hosting a
> conference for 150 - 200 people.

Uhhh.. Wait a second here..

Just to confirm.. is the hotel that we're being booked at (I paid for 4
nights) the same place where the conference is taking place? I don't want
to have to worry about transportation between my hotel and the conference,
which is why I decided on the "package deal". If it isn't, I am going to
be rather pissed off. I don't mind paying $15 for an airport shuttle, as
in any large city that is a given for any savvy traveler, but I DO NOT
want to be paying transport costs twice a day for every day of the
conference.

What is the scoop?

                             KP-216-121-ST