[Asterisk-Users] ODBC.conf

AJ Grinnell agrinnell at crt.net
Thu Jul 22 06:02:54 MST 2004

I am trying to get asterisk to use app_dbodbc and connect to a MySQL
database. Everything compiles fine, asterisk will start, but I get the error
that asterisk is "unable to connect to the datasource". From the command
line, I can connect via isql and iodbctest. Everything works fine there. I
am thinking maybe it is my odbc.conf file? Is there anything besides the
following that I need?

[global]
dsn = asterisk
username = astdb
password = astdb

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. I have searched for examples of
odbc.conf, and so far have not had luck.

AJ Grinnell