[Asterisk-Users] Help! BT UK has striken again ! I lost CLID!

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Thu Jul 22 02:24:03 MST 2004

Vassilis Konstantinou [vassilis_konstantinou at btinternet.com] wrote:
> I have an Asterisk X100 card going through the master socket of an
> engineer installed ADSL connection. Up to this morning all was trouble
> free. Then BT upgraded my 512K connection to 1mb. Everything seems to be
> working ok apart from the caller ID identification. In the past Asteriks
> used to detect it properly but now I get:
>
> NOTICE[294930]: callerid.c:245 callerid_feed: Caller*ID failed checksum
>
> I have seen in the past some people reporting some twicks for the rtgain
> to resolve this but I can't find what I need to change. Can somebody in a
> similar position help?

Apart from the BT changes, I know that you also upgraded Asterisk.
Are you sure you applied all of the patches with no patch failures?
You would have needed to install both the Zaptel and Asterisk patch
sets and would have needed to restart everything.

Also, if you switched from an old patch set to a new one then you
would need to remove "ukcallerid = yes" from your zapata.conf file and
change "usecallerid = yes" to "usecallerid = uk".  That depends upon
the age of your previous patches, of course.

Double-check everything.

Also, plug a phone, with Caller*ID support, into your BT line and
verify that you are being sent the ID.  Perhaps BT switched it off
by mistake, or there's a problem on their part.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz