[Asterisk-Users] Anyone else having Broadvoice Problems?

Andres andres at telesip.net
Wed Jul 21 23:34:28 MST 2004

>Could this possibly indicate a problem with asterisk where the first
>address resolved from sip.broadvoice.com isn't functioning correctly,
>and asterisk doesn't try the alternate address? This isn't a scientific
>analysis...just proposing an idea....I don't know enough about the
>internals to make a statement like this, I'm hoping that someone out
>there can provide more intelligent analysis of this!

Asterisk does no do DNS queries every time it tries to send a call to another provider.  It only does so on startup/reload.  So it will only pickup the first address resolved.  If it is down (like in your case) then your screwed.  Might be worthwile to put in a BUG report to get a better funcionality here.  Like for example if the remote host does not answer then redo the DNS query...

Andres