[Asterisk-Users] Compiling Asterisk (zaptel) failed on Debian 2.4.18-686

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Wed Jul 21 19:17:18 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 15:24, kaiduan xie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone point out what the problem is?
>
> cd /usr/src/zaptel
> make install
> In file included from zaptel.c:44:
> /usr/include/linux/module.h:21: linux/modversions.h:
> No such file or directory
>
> The linux version is 2.4.18-686, and the kernel source
> code is installed also.

You really should upgrade that kernel. Outside of that, the error
message is quite explicit above as to what is wrong. Granted it doesn't
tell you how to fix it. modversions.h is a file created for the kernel
when you choose to have versioned modules. I think all you need to do is
go to your kernel source directory and do a make dep.