[Asterisk-Users] Future installation questions - what do I need?

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at rogers.com
Wed Jul 21 14:34:00 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 15:57, Scott Stingel wrote:
> Also, many members on here complain when people post using HTML (not sure
> why, I think they have older mail readers).. Anyway, please post in plain
> text, to keep everyone happy.

Well, along with top posting being an issue, HTML emails make me blind!
Here, see for yourself:
http://members.rogers.com/kanwar/html-messages-make-me-blind.png

Now here's what a text message looks like:
http://members.rogers.com/kanwar/my-eyes-are-happy.png

See?  The text message is much nicer (and correct).  You'll also notice
why I and many others feel top posting is simply horrible.  Take a look
at the second screenshot.  If someone wasn't following this particular
thread and decided to read your message, they would have no clue what
questions you were answering.  If you had replied inline, deleting the
parts of the message that you didn't need, you would end up with a much,
much easier to follow conversation.  BTW, I didn't shrink the size of
the window: that is how much I see in Evolution when I'm reading a
message, be it by opening the message in it's own window or in the
preview pane.

Anyway, this is with an up-to-date, excellent PIM: Evolution.  Outlook
HTML emails are always super small and next to impossible to read,
unless I reply to the message.  When I reply, the message is converted
into plain text and my eyes thank me.  Most of the time though, I just
delete the message.

I hope that clears up the confusion a little. :)

Regards,

Ranbir

--
Ranbir