[Asterisk-Users] DID VoIP trunk provider for metro Chicago, LA and/or Orlando.

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at backtobasicsmgmt.com
Wed Jul 21 06:51:31 MST 2004

James H. Cloos Jr. wrote:
> The demand exists; is anyone up for spulying that demand?

Interesting conversation... a partner and I are setting up _exactly_
this sort of business right now, but not in the areas the OP wanted.

I see a great deal of market for VOIP trunk service exactly as mentioned
in this thread: multiple trunks (even some usage-based if you want to go
over your "maximum"), a set of numbers (some ported via LNP, others via
blocks of DID), and calls coming over those trunks just as if there was
a PRI to the customer's premises.

On the backend we'll do the same thing the telcos do; oversubscribe our
PRI capacity at some reasonable rate. We will be targeting small
businesses, averaging 20 employees and smaller, so we can use a
reasonable oversubscription rate. A company selling this service to
larger companies would have to have a closer match between their number
of "sold" VOIP trunks and their number of PRI channels available.