[Asterisk-Users] Cordless Phone Problem

Isamar Maia isamar at isamarmaia.org
Wed Jul 21 02:10:46 MST 2004

I have one TDM04b(4FXO) that BTW came with a broken module and I'm sending
the module to RMA.
The other channels work well with one phone but with some specific
brand/models don't work.

For example:
Sharp CJV-743W
http://www.sharp.co.jp/products/cj/index.html#cjv743w

Using the cordless phones or not, the sound in some calls is very low and
sometimes is like when you put a shell in your ear. Other calls work
perfectly. So, the problem is intermitent but with a big frequence.

I did already some measures:
1) All the phone wire in the building was changed
2) I put the boards in another machine
3) The boards are not sharing IRQs
4) I'm using 2 wire cable
5) I already tried to change rxgain to several values
6) I have two of those Sharp phones with the same problem and I trashed
already some other thinking that it was a phone problem.
7) I am using the latest CVS zap and *
8) I am using aggressive echo cancel with the new algorithm

This machine has 1 TDM40b and 1 TDM04b and actually I don't know if it's a
problem in one or other. The phones directly connected to the line works
perfectly.

Did anybody have a similar problem?

Thanks,

Isamar