[Asterisk-Users] PRI dead in USA?

Shaun Ewing sewing at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 19:25:32 MST 2004

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 11:46:15 -0500, brian <brian at bkw.org> wrote:
> Well they fail to realize that ISDN is used for more than data.  I just
> wanna scream at them and say "IT DOES VOICE TO YOU NINNY!".. Rates are far
> from reasonable.  167/mth here is what I would have to pay for ISDN-BRI.
>
> SBC is lame.
>
> bkw

Fun isn't it.

I recently had a BRI installed and had to firmly tell the operator
that I didn't want an Internet service to go with it.

Conversation goes something like:
Me: I'd like to order an ISDN line please

Operator: ISDN is a last resort option for those who can't get
broadband Internet.

Me: I want to use it for voice.

Operator: Do you want an Internet plan to go with that?

Me: No. I already have ADSL on another line.

Operator: Why do you want ISDN then?

Me: Because it's cheaper and better than having two POTS lines.

Operator: <Orders ISDN>

Conversation goes on and the Operator asks me again if I want an
Internet plan. Anybody would think that they didn't want to sell ISDN
services even though the telco (Telstra) has recently ran a big
promotion pushing the benefits of ISDN.

I'm paying AU$45.50 per month including tax for my BRI, which is around US$33.

-Shaun