[Asterisk-Users] PRI dead in USA?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue Jul 20 17:58:26 MST 2004

On Tuesday 20 July 2004 18:18, George Pajari wrote:
> In spite of what my learned colleague implies above, there is more to
> Canada than Ontario (Bell's territory).

Please retract your statement that I implied anything of the sort; I never
even mentioned the province I was in, nor do I harbour any kind of cold
hostility toward the western provinces as you seem to imply here.

We also have Telus and AT&T and Sprint and MCI... hell even Group Telecom, but
unfortunately in my little town you can't get a PRI from anyone but Bell; the
others wouldn't even return my calls.

> Out here in the West (Vancouver -- rarely acknowledged to exist by
> Torontonians) PRI B channels are a lot more expensive than POTS.

I'm not from Toronto, nor any other major city for that matter.

Honestly though, was this kind of attack on me (or other Ontarians) necessary?
Could you have not just stated your situation and pricing from your point of
view without taking a shot at me or where I live?

-A.