[Asterisk-Users] PRI dead in USA?

George Pajari George.Pajari at netVOICE.ca
Tue Jul 20 15:18:38 MST 2004

> Here in Canada (Bell Canada) you can get fractional PRI; depending on your
> pricing tier you pay about $53/B channel/mo and then I think $355/mo for
the
> PRI service itself.  Considering regular POTS lines are $55/mo there isn't
> really any cost savings at all.

In spite of what my learned colleague implies above, there is more to Canada
than Ontario (Bell's territory).

Out here in the West (Vancouver -- rarely acknowledged to exist by
Torontonians) PRI B channels are a lot more expensive than POTS.

We don't deal with the ILEC (Telus) so are only familiar with the CLECs:
fractional PRIs are not much cheaper than a full PRI which will run around
CA$800 - $1,000 for 23 B channels (~$30 - $40/channel) while business POTS
are available for around CA$23/ea from the CLECs and CA$40 from the ILEC..

g.