[Asterisk-Users] Echo on a PRI

Tue Jul 20 17:20:37 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 02:03, Deon Rodden wrote:
> I installed a server in Australia with a Wildcard X100P in it. From my
> server in the U.S, I pushed a call via IAX to the server in Australia which
> then pushed it out that card. Severe echo, only I could hear it though. The
> remote side heard nothing. Definately been reading up on this echoing issue.

Then I guessed you missed a couple of facts (technical ones & legal)

A) Australia uses a different impedance on analogue lines, which the X10xP
doesn't support. However, if you use the TDM01B card, it will support this,
and there are recent cvs changes to support module loadtime options to set these.

B) Legally speaking (AFAIK) you are not permitted to connect non-approved
equipment to a telephone line, of which the X10xP is not approved and probably
never will be.

Regards,
Adam