[Asterisk-Users] Echo on a PRI

Deon Rodden drodden at webunited.net
Tue Jul 20 09:03:15 MST 2004

I installed a server in Australia with a Wildcard X100P in it. From my
server in the U.S, I pushed a call via IAX to the server in Australia which
then pushed it out that card. Severe echo, only I could hear it though. The
remote side heard nothing. Definately been reading up on this echoing issue.
I thought the main reason was latency, and my ping to that server in
Australia reveals 200ms response times.

However, they have a HT286 Converter there in Australia on the same
connection, and it connects to my Asterisk server here in the US via SIP and
it places calls all day long with no problems.

I'm going to try more testing, like connecting a HT286 here in the U.S
straight to their Asterisk server there and trying to make local calls. Will
then try Asterisk to Asterisk communication via SIP instead of IAX.