[Asterisk-Users] Up to date?

Seth Remington sremington at saberlogic.com
Tue Jul 20 11:47:04 MST 2004

To save your current configuration just make sure you don't run "make
samples". Oh, and always back up your /etc/asterisk directory when you
have a config you are happy with.

In order to roll back run "show version" from the CLI and take note of
the CVS version. It will be something like CVS-HEAD-07/19/04-11:56:29.
Then you can run "cvs update -D "2004-07-19 11:56:29" to get the
snapshot at the exact moment in time that you did before. You can leave
the hh:mm:ss off and it will assume midnight. CVS can also do cool stuff
like -D "1 day ago".

One thing to note if you use the -D option to CVS is that it makes the
working revision "sticky" and those versions will remain your working
files until you update them like "cvs update -A" which will retrieve the
CVS HEAD again.

-Seth