[Asterisk-Users] Up to date?

Yiannis Costopoulos yiannis at w2ns.com
Tue Jul 20 09:29:19 MST 2004

Hi,

	before you start throwing stones to me let me tell you that I am a bit new
to Linux. I downloaded Asterisk from the cvs server on Wednesday 15 July
2004, as described in Andy Powell's "Getting Started with Asterisk"
(http://www.automated.it/guidetoasterisk.htm). Thanks Andy! I read about the
Asterisk 1.0 RC1, and I would like to download it and install it.

	Could someone tell me what is the best way to proceed, considering that I
already have a configuration that I would not like to loose, and that I
would like to have the option to roll-back to the version I already have, if
all goes pear-shaped?

TIA
Yiannis.