[Asterisk-Users] Re: Updated Grandstream configurator

Holger Schurig hs4233 at mail.mn-solutions.de
Tue Jul 20 00:05:29 MST 2004

> I was even considering going further and writing a crossplatform or a
> webapp for configuring.  However I was thinking if someone has written
> some notes on the config file specification that could save a lot of
> time.  I have no intention of competing with gsconfigure since I think
> it's an excellent app although I have to boot into windows to use it.

Hehe, make it a web app *) and a special TFTP server that understands the
Grandstream Options, so that the phones get only handed *.bin files if
there is something to upgrade.

Or is there any open source TFTP server available that can do this?

*) Using DeStar as a web app for this should be quite simple.  The web
frame for adding configure objects (Phones, Lines, Permissions, or in
this case Phone configs), editing them, deleting them, using the info in
them to write config files is fully there.

http://www.holgerschurig.de/destar.html