[Asterisk-Users] IP Phone recommendation

Joshua Colp joshnet at nbnet.nb.ca
Mon Jul 19 14:54:59 MST 2004

Hello Yiannis,

I have an ipDialog SipTone II sitting right beside me. Overall it is an
excellent phone but lacks codecs. It only has ulaw, alaw, and g729. The
speakerphone is adequate for most things, call transferring works, holding,
volume controller, conferencing, 2 lines, it pretty much all works. The
interesting thing about the phone though is that it runs Linux. Thanks to
ipDialog sending me the firmware I have been able to modify it slightly to
get a telnet prompt available. I can't release the firmware though, who knows
what trouble I could get into... but below is a snippet of info. Oh, be on
the watch... I may end up selling the phone when my Ciscos come.

- Joshua Colp.

/proc> cat version
Linux version 2.4.10-uc2 (yun at loner.ipdialog.com) (gcc version 2.95.3 20010315
(release)) #1 Fri Mar 21 12:39:17 PST 2003

/proc> cat cpuinfo
Processor       : STMicro STLC1502 rev 0 (v3l)
BogoMIPS        : 6.55
Hardware        : STMicro STLC1502
Revision        : 0000
Serial          : 0000000000000000