[Asterisk-Users] PSTN gateway implementation?

Alejandro Sosa alejandro.sosa at vlnet.ca
Mon Jul 19 13:20:59 MST 2004

Hello,

I need help in creating a simple PSTN Gateway. This is the scenario:

-I have one client sending me VoIP traffic (they don't have asterisk, so
IAX is out of the picture for me) and I need to validate that traffic
(only accept calls coming from his IP). After that I would terminate the
calls to the PSTN network and keep logs for billing purposes.

-I have a TE405P board and only one T1 worth of phone lines (24)
connected to it using an Adtran TA750 channel bank.

Is Asterisk capable of handling multiple incoming VoIP calls arriving
from the same source (IP) or do I need to get something else to take the
incoming traffic and pass it on to Asterisk? (I've read about using SER
as a SIP proxy, but it's not clear to me wheather I need it or not). Can
I use the OpenH.323 module to take care of the incoming VoIP traffic?

I am totally new to all this. Any help will be really appreciated.

Please give me your input on which is the best implementation of a
VoIP->PSTN gateway and the some sample configuration files for the
plattforms involved (Asterisk, SER, OpenH323, etc.)

Thanks in advance.

Alejandro Sosa.