[Asterisk-Users] DTMF issue --help

Tony Nichols tony at mail.applog.com
Mon Jul 19 07:25:27 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-16 at 18:45, Andrew Yager wrote:
> On 17/07/2004, at 3:24 AM, Eric Wieling wrote:
>
> > Tony Nichols wrote:
> >  > After calling a bank, or cc processing center; you have to enter
> > your
> >> social security number, or the cc number - followed by the # key. The
> >> lovely * voice responds "transfering" I'm sorry that was an invalade
> >> selection. Sometimes the IVR on the other end still gets the digits
> >> and
> >> proceeds; other times it breaks the IVR on the bank side and hangs up.
> >> How do I tell * to stop listning for the DTMF?
> >
> >> ; dial a long distance outbound number exten =>
> >> _9XXXXXXXXXXX,1,Dial(${TRUNK}/${EXTEN:1},,Tt)
> >> exten => _9XXXXXXXXXXX,2,Congestion
> >
> > Stop telling it to listen to DTMF.  It's pretty clear that you just
> > copied someone's Dial line from somewhere without learning what T and
> > t do.  "show application dial" on the Asterisk CLI to learn what T and
> > t do.
>
> If you really need the # transfer, there is a patch on the bug tracker
> that implements the use of two keys for transfers (eg ##). I haven't
> yet had a chance to test this feature, although I will.
>
> Yours,
> Andrew

Thank you Sir,

I'll give that a try .... I had thought the transfer option would have a
time limit ... not the duration of the call. The boss likes the
secretary to dial the number then transfer to his extension ... so I'll
try that patch -- or maybe make her put them on hold and tell the boss
what line to pickup.
t o n y