[Asterisk-Users] error 1 and 2 during make of asterisk with SUSE 8.2 and 9.1

Clive Eisen clive at serendipita.com
Sun Jul 18 15:45:42 MST 2004

Paul wrote:

> Hi, i'm traying to compile asterisk on my pc, a laptop
> whit SUSE 9.1 and a desktop with SUSE 8.2, with a teles S0
> 16/3 PnP.  With Kernel 2.4 (Desktop) Asterisk run but
> it's umpossible to compile the driver ISDN-utils for
> Teles. With kernel 2.6 I can't compile zaptel (not necessary
> with my laptop) and asterisk, in both cases I receve errors
> during make or make linux26 (I saw the notes on
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki+Asterisk+Zaptel+Installation).

These r my notes from compiling on SUSE 9.1
Bit painful until u know what to do :-)

Install the kernel souces from yast
Then you need to install this rpm which is ONLY on the DVD, not on the
CDs - sigh
kernel-syms-2.6.4-52.i586.rpm
Then run the yast online updater to get the latest kernels and sources
reboot

then in /usr/src/linux
make cloneconfig && make prepare
make modules

Then make a symlink from /usr/src/linux to /usr/src/linux-2.6

Then you can build all the * stuff