[Asterisk-Users] Using SIP phone to dial out using ISDN ?

Holger Schurig hs4233 at mail.mn-solutions.de
Fri Jul 16 00:33:34 MST 2004

> To make the setup complete: how do I use the SIP phones to dial out
> through the ISDN card? Where and how do I configure that?

You could use DeStar (http://www.holgerschurig.de/destar.html) to generate
a config for you. Simply add a "ISDN Capi Line" and give it the extension
0.

Currently DeStar is getting full support for contexts (yeah, I used only
"default" when I made my tests ...), but it is not yet there. So you have
to put change in the generated configuration this:

file /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf from:

  [out-national]
  ; National calls
  ignorepat=0

to:

  [out-national]
  ; National calls
  ignorepat=0
  include=out-pstn

I'll write today or this weekend the code to make this (and other
wonderful things :-) working out-of-the-box.

So, enought of the commercial: you can also use this line:

  exten=_0.,1,Dial(CAPI/112233:${EXTEN:1},60,TR)

in your dialplan. The 112233 is the your MSN.