[Asterisk-Users] Using SIP phone to dial out using ISDN ?

bluepuma at gmx.net bluepuma at gmx.net
Thu Jul 15 09:38:26 MST 2004

Hi,

I finally got Asterisk installed using the German installation CD from
http://www.asterisk.de.ms.

I got two SIP phones working (SIPPS)

 asterisk*CLI> sip show inuse
 Username        incoming        Limit           outgoing        Limit
 5678            0               N/A             0               N/A
 1234            0               N/A             0               N/A

 asterisk*CLI> sip show peers
 Name/username    Host                 Mask             Port     Status
 5678/5678        10.0.0.53       (D)  255.255.255.255  5060     Unmonitored
 1234/1234        10.0.0.199      (D)  255.255.255.255  5060     Unmonitored

and the ISDN card seems to be installed correctly

 asterisk*CLI> capi info
 Contr1: 2 B channels total, 2 B channels free.

To make the setup complete: how do I use the SIP phones to dial out through
the ISDN card? Where and how do I configure that?

Hopefully the other way around (ISDN to SIP) is similar and then
self-explanatory.

cheers,
Mike

(who spend around 20 hours browsing through Asterisk documentation and
www.voip-info.org during the last 2 days)