[Asterisk-Users] zapras - and kernel ??

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Jul 15 07:14:29 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 04:53, Hans-Henrik Andresen wrote:

> Jul 15 02:43:57 voip1 kernel: Zaptel: Zaptel PPP support not compiled in

> It's thrue, I have'nt pathced and compiled the kernel, but Can't find
> anything about it - no reademe.

The source code is your friend. Learning to use grep and at least
slugging through the code is important.

grep PPP /usr/src/zaptel

This produces some interesting lines. From there you will see come
entries in zaconfig.h that hav CONFIG in them. Granted you might need
some kernel knowledge to make the jump to the fact that your kernel has
the CONFIG_PPP. So config your kernel and install it, reboot to your new
kernel, and then reconfig your zaptel drivers and get them loaded.