[Asterisk-Users] spa-3000 review?

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht list+asterisk-users at lists.wsrcc.com
Wed Jul 14 20:12:21 MST 2004

ipso at snappymail.ca (Mike Benoit) writes:
> 	Have either of you experienced echo when making a call from the FXS
> port to the FXO port on the SPA-3000?

There is some echo on LD PSTN calls when the two ends mistakenly talk
over each other.  I believe they have some VOX that attempts to
enforce a ping-pong talk path (eg. the amps in one direction are
always set for a gain of 0 while the other direction is a 1.0).

Now the first thing that I noticed in making a PSTN call is that the
remote side is very hard to hear.  The gain between the
Sipura-3000/PSTN and a Grandstream BT-100 is much less than between
two BT-100's.  I'm going to have to bump the gain up a bit in at least
the PSTN->VOIP direction.  Perhaps I need to do the VOIP->PSTN
direction too.  This is going to make echo even worse.

-wolfgang
openbsd amd64 http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/ftp/asterisk-openbsd35.patch