[Asterisk-Users] spa-3000 review?

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Wed Jul 14 16:56:20 MST 2004

> radamson at routers.com (Rich Adamson) writes:
> > Since the 3000 has been out for a little while, has anyone done a
> > review of the product? (couldn't find anything on google for wiki).
> >
> > Can the fxo and fxs ports be used as two independent channels?
> > Is it really read for prime time?
> > Etc.
> >
> I got it yesterday afternoon.  It is a very cute unit that is
> surprisingly small.  (When I saw the size of the package I was at
> first afraid they'd mistakenly only sent me a power supply!)
>
> The fxo and fxs are indeed separate and show up as two peers and
> users.

That's good to know.

I'll rush out and buy one for use at home as soon as they support the
UK (BT) phone system for Caller*ID and distinctive ringing etc. (as
the SPA-2000 does for UK phone handsets).  My X101P will then be used
only to provide timing info etc.

As the SPA-3000 appears to contain hardware echo cancellation, I think
it'd make a worthy successor to the X101P.  The SPA-3000 costs around
the same as a X101P (from Digium), and you get a FXS port "for free".

If I get one and it has the same quality and reliability as the
SPA-2000 then I'll have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone who
asks - and those who don't. :-)

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz