[Asterisk-Users] Increase transmit volume on IAX channels

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Wed Jul 14 14:49:22 MST 2004

> Is there currently any way to increase the transmit volume on IAX channels?  I
> haven't seen any documentation for this.
>
> I'm getting complaints from the people that I call saying it's hard to hear
> me.  I'm currently using GnoPhone on my computer, asterisk 0.7.2, the Mic
> volume is at 100%, and the Mic Boost is set using KDE's mixer app.
>
> Any information will be helpful.  Thanks in advance.

I just did some transmission level testing between various * boxes,
iax, sip, tdm-fxo, etc. The iax link operates at 0 db loss. That
means there is no need to increase iax gain.

I'd suspect your not getting sufficient audio presented to * by GnoPhone.
I don't use that product, so not sure how to address it.