[Asterisk-Users] How to 'Dial' a Parked Call ?

Tue Jul 13 18:49:37 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 05:19, Zarjazz wrote:
> Basically I have a few people on the * box using the current agent /
> queue system where I create a call file into the spool directory so they
> can make outbound calls to customers from a simple web page. But now I
> need to add the feature of transfering an active call to an outside line
> (another office) BUT the 'agent' needs to talk to the person at the
> other office first to give them some basic customer details.

Why not just do a normal consultative transfer?
ie, flash hook, dial outside person, talk, flash hook, all three of you
talk, hangup, other two people talk without you.

> So my idea was for the agent to place the customer on park, dial the
> outside line as normal then 'invite' the outside call to the parked
> extention once they have finished their bit.
>
> My problem is I can't for the life of me work out how to do the last
> stage. Parking - no problem, dial outside line - no problem, but how do
> I transfer the active call to an existing parked extention so they can
> continue the conversation?

I heard that if a call was parked on an extention, and you transferred
another call to that parked extention, that the two calls would be
bridged. Although that might only have been when using the bkw call
parking system (which I really wish would be included into cvs asterisk,
since it doesn't actually modify any existing behaviour etc)...

Regards,
Adam