[Asterisk-Users] Help Needed in configuring Cisco 7940

Shaun Ewing sewing at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 11:43:13 MST 2004

The configuration for the 7940 is the same as the Cisco 7960, look at
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+phone+cisco+79xx and
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Setup+SiP+on+9740+-+9760.

Quoted from the wiki:
Note: Cisco software images are only available from Cisco's web site
and are protected by copyright laws. Access to their web site requires
an account be established. The easiest way to do that is to purchase a
Maintenance Agreement from Cisco for approximately $8 per year (US).

It's the only way you will be able to get access to the images unless
somebody sends them to you illegally. As somebody who has gone down
the maintenance (Smartnet) route, it's certainly the best way.

-Shaun