[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk crashing with no indication why.

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Jul 13 11:33:29 MST 2004

Hi!

> problem, it simply looks like calls just slow down and stop. One other
> thing that may be important, I have a daemon running which stays
> connected to the manager api listening for events and sending off two
> commands every 10 seconds, one to get the status of the queues, and one
> to get the status of agents.

That can very well be the cause - there is a known issue, first stated by
"mattf" on this list, about trouble when a manager API client looses the
connection and then another API client (maybe the same using a different
connection) comes into play.

So: Stop using that deamon and see if Asterisk becomes stable.
You could also introduce regular - but not too many! - "reloads", e.g. 1-
4 times a day plus one "restart" during night time with the help of a
CRON job.

Also: Check /tmp for a core file and run gdb and a backtrace if you find
one. Search for "debugging" on the Wiki for more detailed instructions.

Cheers, Philipp