[Asterisk-Users] Re: Audio filters (was: feature - VM gain adjust?)

andrewg at felinemenace.org andrewg at felinemenace.org
Tue Jul 13 03:52:51 MST 2004

> >- voice stress analysis.  If you're dumping the audio through a filter,
> >there's no reason you can't
> >simply extract data from it instead of alter the audio path.  A one-way
> >background audio carrier
> >tone to the listener might change pitch during stress events.
>
> Is there allready some application to do a voice stress analysis? I guess
> developing something
> like this from scratch would be very hard...

liarliar.sourceforge.net gives you something, its still in development. When
I looked at it a while ago I couldn't get anything useful from it, but I only
spent like 5-10 minutes on it.

At some stage I was thinking about hooking liarliar up to asterisk to see if
the concept would work. A friend of mine raised the point that some codecs
won't give you the info you're after most likely over IP, so I never looked
further into it.

- andrewg