[Asterisk-Users] Re: Audio filters (was: feature - VM gain adjust?)

Andreas Anderson galium123 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 13 02:13:48 MST 2004

Hiya,

>This is an excellent idea, and is extendable outside of the narrow scope of
>audio quality
>improvement.  I was playing with this concept a while back, and trying to
>find programmers for a
>few ideas I have. I'll air them here, so I can take some credit for being
>the first clever monkey to
>publicly talk about integration into Asterisk (or any other VoIP system, as
>far as I know):

>- voice disguise/modulation.  Think about how many customers you'd get with
>a module that
>sounds like they're Mickey Mouse.  You think: 'That's really stupid!' but
>then look at how many

"Please press 7 for Darth Vader"  -- "I am your father, Luke" :-D

>- voice stress analysis.  If you're dumping the audio through a filter,
>there's no reason you can't
>simply extract data from it instead of alter the audio path.  A one-way
>background audio carrier
>tone to the listener might change pitch during stress events.

Is there allready some application to do a voice stress analysis? I guess
developing something
like this from scratch would be very hard...

>- customized background noise.  This is apparently already the rage in Asia
>somewhere with some >cell phone carriers - insertion of background sounds
>customized to the user's tastes (forest, >construction site, bar, office
>environment, airport, etc.) which can be used for either pleasant
> >diversion or for disguise of location.

yeah, this would rock. "Honey, i've to stop talkin', the Dentist want's to
start drilling". For some
Cellphones, this allready exists: http://www.simeda.com/soundercover.html

This could also be used to do (MusicDuringCall. Get a call from the army and
you play
"Status Quo" (http://www.france-jeunes.net/paroles/index.php?tid=MTkwOTQ=)
:-)

>I have a few more, even, but as is typical, these will remain on the
>drawing board until someone >coughs up some dough to make them happen. No
>time, no time, no time...

Hey, no normal person uses asterisk at home anyway, so there HAS to be some
geek out there who
also wants this AND can code :-D

Bye

Andreas