[Asterisk-Users] Running SIP on multiple ports

Sunrise Ltd stsltdtyo at yahoo.co.jp
Mon Jul 12 15:13:04 MST 2004

"Jay Milk" wrote ...

>It would appear to me that you could run Asterisk and SER
on the
>same box.  Asterisk's sip-binding can be configured to be
5061
>instead of 5060, and I'd assume SER can be configured as
well.

Sure, but then the two wouldn't be able to talk SIP to
each other.

Well, I guess you could use VOCAL, then do this ...

(SIP:5060)---[*]---(MGCP)---[VOCAL]---(SIP:5061)

This way you'd have two SIP servers on two different ports
on the same machine and they'd still be able to pass calls
between each other.

Otherwise you'd need something like this:

/etc/asterisk/sip.conf ...

[general]
port=5060   ; default port

[SER]
port=5061   ; talk to SER on this port instead
host=localhost
reinvite=no
canreinvite=no
etc.

[mysoftphone]
port=5062   ; talk to local SIP softphone on this port
host=localhost
reinvite=no
canreinvite=no
etc.

Actually, looking at this, I quite like the idea. Any
developer cares to comment on how much trouble it would be
to implement this?

rgds
benjk