[Asterisk-Users] Digium Cards in Boxes without Power Connectors

Alex Malinovich alex at golden-tech.com
Mon Jul 12 15:17:51 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-12 at 14:06, Gabriel Millerd wrote:
> I noticed on the wiki that some of the production hardware (compaq)
> doesnt have a power connector to my knowledge.
>
> I have a compaq c6400 that I would like to use for Asterisk. However
> all the drives are hot swap and the dual redundant power supply bay
> are not something i really feel like soldering wiring to.
>
> How are people getting around this?
>
> Is there a magic 'fan card' that has a power out that people are using?

Well, I can't really recommend this as I suppose it COULD do bad things
to a computer, but one of the Asterisk boxes I set up was working for
about a week without having a separate power connector plugged into the
board. Just drawing PCI power it apparently worked fine. YMMV.

--
Alex Malinovich
Golden Technologies, Inc.