[Asterisk-Users] tdm400p static - out of ideas

Robert Withrow bwithrow at nortelnetworks.com
Mon Jul 12 14:56:05 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-07 at 10:13, Ryan Courtnage wrote:

> Over the past several weeks, we have been having an intermittant problem with
> our deployment of a TDM400P card (4 fxo).  We have tried many things, and the
> problem still re-occurs.

We have a nearly identical problem with a TDM400P with 1FXO and 3FXS
ports.  In this setup only *one* of the ports is connected>: a FXS port
is connected to an analog phone.

> Occasionally (every 48 hours), the TDM400p card will stop answering incoming
> calls on ALL fxo ports.  Attempts to send outbound calls on any Zap channel
> will result in hearing a loud 'static' noise on the line.

In our case, picking up the phone connected to the FXS port you hear the
loud static, and the port appears to be nonfunctional.  Rebooting the
server corrects the problem.  I haven't yet tried stopping and starting
Asterisk and the drivers.

Because of the similarity of the symptoms and the fact that this card
isn't connected to the PSTN or anything, I suspect a driver problem or
card design problem.
--
Robert Withrow, BWithrow at NortelNetworks.com, +1 978 288 8256, ESN 248