[Asterisk-Users] E1 config help and guidance

asterisk asterisk at dotr.com
Mon Jul 12 06:59:03 MST 2004

Darren,

Many thanks for your help - I've got further, but am still stumped. Have a
look at the following table:

LED   |   ISDN    | Asterisk
------+-----------+---------
OOS   | Out       | Red
ACT   | Green     | Green
RED   | Out       | Red
YEL   | Out       | Out
LBK   | Out       | Out
CC    | Out       | Out
DCH   | Green     | Green

The LED indicators are as follows:

OOS: Out of Service
ACT: Active State
RED: Red alarm state detected (Could be Loss of carrier, loss of frame or
loss of crc multiframe
YEL: Yellow alarm state detected (remote alarm indication from remote end)
LBK: Loopback mode
 CC: Clock controller not equipped
DCH: DCH is established.

What this table indicates is that if I plug the 2MB pri card from the nortel
into the EuroISDN bearer box, the leds light up as shown in the ISDN column.
If I plug the nortel card into the asterisk box, then the leds light up as
shown in the Asterisk column.

I would have expected the leds to light up in the same manner - am I missing
something ? Apart from asterisk experience :)

Julian