[Asterisk-Users] New Asterisk bounty: SIP simultaneous

Andy Powell andy at beagles-den.demon.co.uk
Mon Jul 12 04:21:06 MST 2004

On 11/07/2004 at 18:11 Paul Mahler wrote:

>Well, this is certainly getting exciting.
>
>Andy, I took your advice and re-read the RFP. Andy--I don't think you are a

Sorry, I was sleeping when these new emails came in ....

I've read the other responses which seem to make it pretty clear.. and address
all the points and give most of the info you need...(do I need to add to it?)

I couldn't for the life of me remember the name (it was late) and Andres reminded us
all that it's called "Parallel Forking" - it's by far the best feature of SIP and nearly, but
not quite, negates the NAT problems.

The reason i've been so adamant about this, is that I use it every day... my * box
and 2 of my phones register with a local sip proxy for the same sip address... I use this
just incase my * box dies, since it's my development box too and I'm always mesing with
it.

>good candidate for a beginner's book on *, but if you send my your address,
>I'll send you a copy on me. :-)

Or some Ninja assasin... ;)

Perhaps you could also sign it :D (not the Ninja assasin ;) )

>Andy, I'm in your hands.

I was too late... I took the liberty of getting some sleep... appologies.

Andy