[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on FreeBSD 4.10 dies

Richard Scobie r.scobie at clear.net.nz
Mon Jul 12 00:38:21 MST 2004

Dr. Rich Murphey wrote:

> [...]

A slightly similar observation, which I assume is normal as the boxes
work fine, is both my P4 2.4GHz Linux asterisks spike up to 100% load,
about every 30 seconds, with no calls being handled.

The boxes are only running asterisk, ntpd, sshd and the core 2.4 kernel
services and the load can be observed in top by noting the system CPU
usage figure in the upper part of the top display - no CPU usage is
shown by any of the listed processes.

As I say, it is probably normal, but I've wondered what causes it.

Richard